Dragonfly Botanicals ships all of our packages through the United States Postal Service (USPS). Shipping is scheduled Mondays – Fridays from our production facility in Conifer, Colorado, and is not conducted on the weekends.
- USPS Standard First Class Mail is used for packages UNDER one pound: The cost varies depending on the weight and destination of your order. Orders typically arrive within 1-7 business days after the order is shipped.
- USPS Priority Mail is used for packages OVER one pound: Orders typically arrive within 1-7 business days after the order is shipped.
- We offer FREE shipping for order over $200.
- During periods of high volume, such as the holiday season and sales, please allow up to 4 business days for your order to ship although most packages are shipped within 72 hours.
- When orders are packed in our production facility in Conifer, Colorado, a tracking number will be emailed to you if email is provided. The tracking number allows you to see where your package is and when it will land on your doorstep.
Inclement Weather Conditions
If your part of the country are experiencing severe weather or a natural disaster, the delivery of your package may be delayed. USPS will post any delays due to weather or a natural disaster on their web site, www.usps.com.
When the weather is warm, your solid items may show signs of separation or melting because our products are all natural. Stir the contents and let it sit at room temperature until they return to their original consistency.
What do I do if my package does not arrive in the estimated time frame?
If the tracking number shows your package has been delivered and you have not received it, please check around your yard and with your neighbors. Carriers may leave a package in places where they think it will be safe, for example behind a side gate, under a bush, etc. If you cannot locate your package, please contact your local post office to find out what the issue may be or if it did not leave the post office when stated.
Why is my tracking number not updating?
- If the tracking has not updated, it might mean the package hasn’t yet been picked up.
- Our daily pickups are generally towards the end of the day and may not be in the USPS system yet.
- Tracking information will be updated once the packages have been scanned into the system at the USPS distribution center.
- Please note that if there is limited information for USPS First Class packages. Tracking for these packages will generally show when it was picked up by USPS and when it was delivered.
- There is step by step tracking for USPS Priority packages, but the USPS site does not always update immediately.
- It may take up to 48 hours for tracking to display on the carrier’s site. There may be several days when it appears your package is not moving to its destination.
- If the tracking has updated and suddenly stopped, it might be caused by a delay (weather, traffic, etc.) and should resume within a day or so.
My tracking has updated and suddenly stopped but does not continue updating within a day or two, it can mean:
- Package is stuck and requires further assistance (incorrect/ missing address).
- Package is damaged or lost.
At this time, Dragonfly Botanicals does NOT ship Internationally.